Answer Key Questions with our Targeting Program
- Who are your shareholders and what are their characteristics?
- Which investors can impact your valuation and shareholder base?
- Who should you be meeting with and why?
- How should you tailor your message for each targeted investor?
- Which regions and financial centers should you be visiting?
- How will investors react to a pending corporate action?
- How can you better communicate with the investment community?
- What was the impact of your outreach efforts?
Components of our Targeting Program
Annual targeting plan – This detailed plan aligns your targeting efforts with your long-term ownership strategy.
Quarterly IR activity report – Measure the impact of your targeting efforts with our analysis of the time you and your management team spent meeting with targeted investors, and resulting changes in the investors’ holdings.
Ongoing analysis & support – Maximize the return on all investor-focused events you attend by knowing which investors to target and tailoring your message to attract those investors.
Why Thomson Reuters
- Proprietary ownership models – Our Targeting Specialists incorporate our proprietary models in their analysis. The results are visually represented in our Smart Targets reports.
- Institutional-quality information – We analyze the same Thomson Reuters information that drives institutional investment decisions.
- Buy-side relationships – Because our analysts are in constant contact with the buy-side, we understand the factors most valued by each investor when evaluating an opportunity.
About Smart Targets - our proprietary ownership models
Using our proprietary ownership models, Smart Targets highlights the major factors driving the buying and selling decisions of a firm or fund. One model is for firms and funds without any current equity holdings in your company and the other is for existing shareholders. Both models have been back-tested on 10 years of global ownership data to ensure they can be accurately applied to all regions, companies and public investors.
You can access Smart Targets directly from Thomson ONE IR.
We can help you plan your roadshows
Favorite IR Services Provider
IROs ranked Thomson Reuters their favorite service provider globally in IR Magazine survey.
Download sample Targeting Analysis reports
Trend Analysis Reports
European Investment Landscape - if you are a North American-based company looking to attract capital from Europe, download our complimentary analysis of the market to understand which countries offer the greatest opportunities, where equity funds are flowing and how managers are making their active and sector allocations.
Rising Dividends: Creating Opportunities - Download our complimentary report for insight into the latest dividend trends. This is a must-read if you’re looking to modify your company’s dividend policy to attract investors.
Asia Pacific - the Investment Landscape - Download our complimentary report to better understand the investment landscape in Asia Pacific. This is a must-read for any company looking to attract capital from this fast-growing region.