Using online video to drive demand effectively takes more than just building a Video page on your corporate website. Forrester principal analyst James L. McQuivey, Ph.D.was a guest on our recent Best Practices Webinar and shared tips on how you can produce compelling content that can increase engagement and conversions.
Here are 17 tweet-sized highlights from “How to Use Video on Your Corporate Website to Increase Demand Generation”:
On the pervasiveness of video:
- We spend more time watching video than any other activity except sleeping.
- As more devices deliver video where you want it and when you want it (e.g., mobile, gaming systems), video consumption continues to grow.
- Online video has become a mainstream medium.
- People expect video in multiple places and to do multiple things: instructional/ how-to, expect/thought leadership.
On why relevance is more important than reach:
- You should never expect that a majority of online users will watch your video. Instead, be relevant to your target audience.